Street photography can be a challenging, but rewarding genre of photography. It is not for everybody, but some just love the ‘buzz’.
And of course it can be great to spent a few minutes wherever life takes you, if not longer, shooting the ‘real world’.
But it is far easier with a ‘roadmap’ of ideas and techniques.
We seek eye catching images after all, maximising what we capture in frame.
It can be all to easy to get no more than a subject small in the frame and from the wrong angle when you are feeling under pressure.
This workshops is therefore packed with some great information step by step real world advice and plenty of inspiration therefore.
Delegates have always appreciated its honest approach to the genre. Not just styles of shooting, but the ‘do’s and do not’s of shooting street photography
Alongside, we look at capturing those incidental close-up shots, that often present themselves while pounding the streets, that can make a days shooting so interesting and rewarding.
Presented in an easy-to-follow style, this fun-filled and informative day will open up your street photography to a wealth of ideas and the solutions.
Whilst not the only suitable camera design, D SLR cameras can still take street photography in their stride.
Delegates should be aware that some walking will be involved on this workshop, so footwear and suitable clothing for the anticipated conditions is needed.
Further information will be sent regarding equipment and other guidance nearer to the day of the workshop.
Upcoming Workshop Dates & Locations:
When: Saturday September 16th 2017.
Where: London Camera Exchange (Lincoln),
Level Of Content: Intro/intermediate/Advanced.
For more information and or to book, please: Click Here.
Some of the content covered includes:
- Anticipation, timing and communication, useful tips.
- Planning your shoot.
- The place to be.
- Photography on city streets – what you need to know.
- Understanding your best options with camera exposure modes and other settings.
- Working with natural light
- Exposure and metering options – when and how to utalise them to best effect.
- Shoot colour or monochrome?
- Focusing, from AF to manual options, tricks of the trade.
- Lenses – the best choices and usage.
- Techniques for capturing ‘the decisive moment’.
- How to maximise eye capturing shots, not ‘snapped’ snaps.
- Q & A throughout.