‘The Lighting Studio’ workshop is an amazing course and always very well received.
For the beginner to the pro, it is packed with really useful content, way beyond what people usually expect.
So if you wish to learn about studio lighting step – by step, from the basics to much higher levels, in the shortest time, it is designed to do just that.
Inspiring and informative, this is a fun event, with constantly positive feedback received.
Please bring your camera and lens (around 85mm on full frame), plus plenty of storage space, as this day has significant practical shooting components.
And if you have your own flash meter, you are welcome to use it, but these along with lighting, will also be supplied for use in this workshop.
The content of this lighting course is suitable no matter your lighting system.
Some key areas covered include:
- Understanding studio flash.
- Camera settings for studio lighting.
- Using a flash meter for simple and advanced studio lighting arrangements.
- A practical guide to using reflectors, umbrellas, soft-boxes and other common accessories for people photography.
- Practical lighting arrangements for repeatability.
- Working in and around a home or small studio/office environment.
- Capturing the head shot to full length images.
- Solutions to common people lighting needs, such as photographing people wearing glasses and dealing with various body and face shapes.
- Posing & composition tips.
- Creating clean white backgrounds.
- Creating the ‘natural’ backdrop.
- Creating ‘the quick’ backdrop solution.
- Numerous ‘genre’ styles including lighting for portraits, groups and fashion imagery.
- Practical shooting sessions.
Course Notes Supplied.