Shimoda is still a relatively new brand, but they have some interesting ideas.
Joining those from next month will be a range of items designed for the female form.
Here we go with the details:
· Straps available in three styles all offering increased comfort and choice for women
· Full accessory kit also launching making Shimoda backpacks fully customisable for the needs of all adventure photographers
Wolverhampton, 4th July 2019 – Shimoda Designs, creator of the new, fully customisable adventure backpack system, announces the launch of new straps designed specifically for women. Developed and tested in partnership with 35 women from around the world, the straps take the pain out of travelling with camera gear, leaving wearers free to focus on the adventure ahead.
When combined with the existing adaptable elements of Shimoda Explore backpacks, the straps allow a new level of custom fit and adjustment, made possible by two major changes to the strap design, which work together to eliminate uncomfortable pressure across the middle of the chest:
· The contour of the strap curves away from the chest, sitting towards the underarm
· There are two straps, fitting around the sternum and abdomen, replacing the more common single strap on adventure packs
The new straps are available in three styles: Simple Strap – Standard; Simple Strap – Petite and Tech Strap – Standard, which additionally features a stretch water bottle sleeve and zipped phone pocket. All styles fit any Shimoda Explore backpack.
Complete Range of Accessories
Alongside the straps, Shimoda is launching a complete range of accessories, making the Explore range of backpacks a complete and customisable solution for explorers in any scenario. These include:
· Panel wraps: clear pockets to help organise accessories, perfectly sized to match the width of Explore backpacks to maximise space
· Accessory pouch: secures safely to Explore backpacks’ waist-belts, also small enough to store in a jacket pocket
· Passport wallet: features two pockets for passport and other documents, a pen loop and a zipped pocket for loose change etc.
· Booster strap set: allows users to secure larger loads to the outside of their backpack. Made of a tacky Hypalon rubberised material to help keep tripod legs in place and provide extra durability
· Divider pocket kit: options for Mirrorless or DSLR cameras to maximise use of space depending on camera system
· XQD/CF card wallet: secure wallet for memory cards, providing impact protection. Made of textured material to assist grip when using the wallet and with a removable lead to secure to a belt loop or shoulder strap
Runaway Kickstarter Launch
Shimoda launched in the UK in August 2018, following a runaway Kickstarter campaign, which saw it fully funded in just 30 hours, eventually exceeding its initial target by more than 600%. The system was created by Ian Millar, combining his lifelong love of exploring with his professional experience as a renowned product designer to create a solution that minimises the pain, fatigue and suffering that can be faced by adventurers in extreme conditions.
Shimoda packs have been specifically created not only to stand up to the harshest of conditions, but to provide the utmost possible comfort for wearers, and protection for precious kit in any adventure scenario. Made using weather-resistant, resin-coated nylon and waterproof Splashguard™ YKK® zippers, the system is fully customisable, meaning it can adapt to face any challenge. Bag, core configuration and accessory supports are all selected independently by the user, meaning one outer bag can be their constant companion; simply adjust the configuration and accessories as needed and hit the road.
Loraine Morgan, Brand Manager, Shimoda said, “These new Shimoda straps and accessories are a part of our determination to offer all consumers access to the best, most comfortable and robust kit for their personal needs. We aim to offer a level of comfort, durability and personalisation that will make Shimoda packs photographers’ go-to solution for any travel and adventure scenario.”
Simple Strap – Petite £32.00 / €38.00
Simple Strap – Standard £32.00 / €38.00
Tech Strap -Standard £36.00 / €41.00Panel wraps
Two Panel £25.00 / €29.00
Three Panel – £28.00 / €32.00
Four Panel- £32.00 / €36.00Accessory pouch £18.00 / €21.00
Passport wallet £32.00/€36.00
Booster strap set £5.00 / €6.00
Divider pocket kit Mirrorless £25.00 / €29.00
Divider pocket kit DSLR £25.00 /€29.00
XQD/CF card wallet £36.00 / €41.00